Sunday, November 6, 2011

Paint, Chips and Dip

Next on the list is fixing all the little paint chips and a few scratches around the car. First thing is finding something that I can do that will really work, so I started researching things to find the best item and I think I found one of the best there is. LANGKA Complete Paint Chip Repair Kit. This is the thing that many car dealers say they use and many more people have written reviews about. I'm not talking about fixing "Damage" I'm talking small chips that on the nose look like salt specks. SMALL blemishes that can be dabbed with paint and then buffed to look great. SO I ordered some online from the Langka website and it comes with all the things you need EXCEPT the factory paint for $39.99 + shipping my total was $47.68.
The Web site says if you can catch your fingernail in the chip of scratch this is the repair you need.

NOW its off to BMW to find the factory Paint. I found the Paint on the Front Driver side Strut housing. The official color is BostongrÜn Metallic, Color Code 275 which I found off the Automotive Touch Up paint web site I then called my local BMW Parts and had them Order it, which comes in a kit and costs $29.95 and has the paint and a Clear Coat included. It should be here in about 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment